Amnesty states that the Australian Government’s response to Amnesty’s report on Manus fails to address the grave human rights violations still occurring in the centre. The Minister’s evasive response to The Amnesty report continues the Government’s silence surrounding their treatment of asylum seekers, including the turning back of boats and the situation in detention centres offshore.
The latest from our Facebook page
- First meeting of 2016 – Wednesday 10 February February 1, 2016
- New schedule for 2015 monthly meeting dates December 6, 2014
- Julian Burnside on human rights and refugees December 6, 2014
- November 2014 Monthly Meeting November 18, 2014
- Berry Amnesty at the Kangaroo Valley Folk Festival 17-19 October October 18, 2014